Lorelei will hold live auditions for the 2017-2018 season in Boston (February 6-7, 2017) and Minneapolis (March 8, 2017)! Please see below for information regarding submission deadlines and application instructions.
Lorelei is currently accepting audition materials from sopranos, mezzo-sopranos, and contraltos interested in performing with the ensemble in the 2017-18 season. Based in Boston, Lorelei specializes in the performance of new and early repertoires for women’s voices, with a core membership of 3 sopranos, 3 mezzo sopranos, and 2 contraltos. Contracts will be offered on a project-by-project basis and may include up to 10 weeks of engagements per season, including artist retreats, performances in Boston, and domestic touring periods. Both Boston residents and non-residents are encouraged to apply.
We are nine thoughtful & passionate women looking for…
- Bold artistry & impeccable musicianship
- Flexible and sensitive vocalism, rooted in both solo and ensemble experience
- Previous experience in both new and early repertoires is preferred, but not required (many of us came with a strong suit, and picked the other up)
- Extra points for folks experienced in non-classical styles and genres
Monday, February 6 (sopranos) & Tuesday, February 7 (mezzos and contraltos)
Applications must be mailed or submitted electronically by January 15, 2017. Finalists will be notified on or before January 31, 2017.
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 (all voice parts)
Applications must be mailed or submitted electronically by February 15, 2017. Finalists will be notified on or before February 28, 2017.
Application submissions must include the following:
- A completed Application Form
- Cover Letter (PDF only)
- Headshot (1MB or less for electronic submissions)
- Resume (maximum of 2 pages, PDF only)
- Recordings (MP3 attachments only) to include the following:
- At least two (2) varying vocalises of your choice, displaying range and flexibility
- Three (3) solo repertoire selections.
- 1 contemporary (20 or 21st century) aria or art song
- 1 early (Medieval, Renaissance, or Baroque) chant, solo madrigal, or aria
- 1 of your choosing (alternate genres/styles welcome and encouraged, i.e. folk, musical theater, jazz, contemporary pop)
To submit your application materials (online only):
- Go to https://dropitto.me/loreleiauditions (password: LEnewmusic)
- Please put your last name on all file names (“yourlastname.resume.pdf”)
- Please compress all files into one zipped file with the following title format: “yourlastname-auditionmaterials.zip”. This is preferred but files may also be uploaded individually.
Please email us with any further questions at Lorelei.email@example.com with a subject line of “audition inquiry.” We will get back to you as quickly as possible! We look forward to hearing from you!